Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Salad Dressing, So Simple and so Good



There are a lot of good cooks in my family. For years, I have been the official salad dressing maker, with this dressing. I learned how to make this in France, at the Dubois farm in the region of Champagne. It is so simple and so good. You must buy this mustard: Maille Dijon Originale. No other mustard will do, I have tried, and the key is in the mustard. I am currently experimenting with homemade mustards, until I can make something as good, I use this mustard only. The other 2 ingredients have a little more flexibility. Start with a generous teaspoon of mustard.

Next add red wine vinegar, a small tablespoon, and a pinch of sea salt. Mix ingredients together:


For a low almost no calorie dressing you can stop here. 1 tablespoon of mustard has 10 calories! The final step is to add about a tablespoon of good quality olive oil and immediately dress your salad. Do this when everyone is seated at the table, Toss and serve. Voila'
This dressing is great on fresh tomatoe slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment